Meet Our Management Team
Our staff brings years of contracting experience to the ongoing design and evolution of our software. Since then, we have become the management solution for multiple service industry companies.
James R. Leichter
President and CEO
- Founded Aptora in 1996
- Master Mechanic
- 30 Years Contracting Experience
- EGIA Contractor University Founding Faculty Member
James is the master behind Flat Rate Plus, Total Office Manager, and Aptora Mobile II. He started out as an HVAC tech and progressed to HVAC business owner, accounting firm president, and accounting software guru. James is also responsible for product design. He is also a total recycling freak. He is known for returning from trips with his luggage full of recyclables and has been seen digging recyclable items out of dirty trash cans.
Brian D. Smith
- MBA in Marketing from the University of Notre Dame
- B.S. in Business Administration, University of Kansas
- Former analyst for Accenture.
Brian brings Aptora over 19 years of experience in the technology industry. He has worked in sales, marketing, and project management for companies such as Lexmark, Perceptive Software, and Sprint. At Perceptive Software, Brian joined when they had less than 100 employees and was an integral part of their growth to several thousand employees and their acquisition by Lexmark.
Sidney F. French, CPA
- CPA – Licensed in the State of Kansas
- Graduated with honors from Pittsburg State with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Former IRS Agent and Group Manager
Sid has been associated with the accounting industry since 1975. He is a former controller with Midland International where he oversaw 200+ million in revenue. He has worked as an auditor for Ernst & Ernst (later known as Ernst & Young or EY). Sid worked as an IRS Agent, Group Manager, and IRS Instructor. On a lighter note, Sid’s wife Terri calls him a neat freak and tells us that clutter makes Sid “a nervous old man”.
VP of Business Operations and Staff
- HR and Office Manager
- Staff RN
- BS in Education
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing (Kansas RN license)
Susan has extreme attention to detail and is known as a perfectionist. She is a jack of all trades, has been with Aptora for over 7 years, and is the author of Aptora’s Corporate Wellness Program. Her passion, organization and attention to detail helps make Aptora successful. She is also a Fitbit fanatic and would rather run in place all night long than be beat in a FitBit challenge.
VP of Non-Human Resources
- 5+ years experience in Pest Control
- Keeps mouse, squirrel, chipmunk, and other critter solicitors out of the building
- Focuses on complaining, eating, lounging on desks, and swatting at passerbys
Miley specializes in keeping Aptora’s work environment fun by making employees smile. She also LOVES cheese and has been known to steal it from other employees.