Year End Checklist
1. Order Tax Forms – Be sure to do this early so that you have them when you are ready to print. You only need to order W2 (one for each employee) W3 (one for each EIN), 1099 (One for each Vendor), 1096 (One for each Company Tax ID) (http://www.dswebtoprint.com/aptora/)
2. Update to the latest version of Total Office Manager to make sure you have all 2010 tax tables. (12/31/20?? or before your first payroll in 2010) (Help | Check for Enhancements and Updates)
3. Reconcile all Bank and Credit Card accounts ending 12/31/20??
4. Take a physical Inventory count and reconcile with the software, making any adjustments needed.
5. Pay all Sales Tax and Payroll Liabilities.
6. Review, Print and Distribute W2 forms from Total Office Manager (Deadline to Employees 2/1/20??)
7. Review, Print and Mail copies of W2 & W3 forms to IRS (Deadline to mail is 3/1/201??)
8. Review, Print and Distribute 1099 forms from Total Office Manager (Deadline to Vendors 1/31/20??)
9. Review, Print and Mail copies of 1099 & 1096 to IRS (Deadline to mail is 2/28/20??)
10. Review and Print form 941 for 4th Quarter (Deadline is 1/31/20??)
11. Review and Print form 940 for 2009 (Deadline is 2/1/20??)
12. Back up database for the end of the year for security purposes. To set up automatic backup please see our knowledge base article. Click here
13. Set your Cutoff Date. Preferences | Cutoff Date | Company Preferences. (Transactions with a date equal to or prior to this date cannot be added, deleted, or changed.)
14. Call and make an appointment with your Accountant to go over any adjustments, Depreciation etc.